17 May Favorites & Staying Focused
I’ve been super overwhelmed lately so I am not really able to share any favs cos frankly life has been tough. What I do want to share an exercise I do to feel more focused and on top of things in the hopes it may be of some help for whenever you’re feeling a little overwhelmed along the way.
First, write down all of the tasks that are on your to-do list right now so you can see in front of you everything that’s adding to your overwhelm and what actually needs to get done too.
Then, write out your main priorities, goals and intentions in your creative work and life right now. So if you could only focus on 2-3 things, what would they be? And these aren’t the specific to-do’s and tasks, but the overarching results you want to achieve from your actions right now.
Then, looking back over your list of to-do’s and tasks, take three highlighters and break down your list into three coloured sections:
- High priority (these are the essential tasks that either have to be done because you’ve made a previous commitment or because they are essential for your main priorities, goals, and intentions in this season of your work and life)
- Medium priority (these are non-essential tasks but will still be valuable to tackle once you have the time and energy available to do so)
- Low priority (these are the tasks you can let go for now as they don’t truly serve your current goals or objectives)
Welcome to Friday Favorites.
This is a linky collaboration which we have started in hope that it will help all of us “haven’t got time to read blogs any more” people to read a few more blogs – submit the best post of the week as chosen by the author.
Soooo… get your roller skates on and pop in on Friday evenings at 8pm to link up your BEST, VERY BEST, MOST AWESOMEST, MOST IMPORTANTEST, GOODEST POSSIBLE (or perhaps your only ha) post of the past week.
THANK YOU for joining us here for the Friday Favorites list.
Your hosts are Lisasaurus and Happy Mum Happy Child
To join in on this party simply link up your favorite post and visit a few other bloggers for a read and a chat. A link back here on your post is appreciated.
- Find a post you’ve loved this week OR WRITE A FRIDAY FAVS
- Copy the link, and then click on the ADD YOUR LINK button, which is below.
- Simply follow the instructions and post the link. TOO EASY!
Any giveaways will be deleted and the link must point to a blog post not just your blog
Submissions open 7am Friday!!